== May 12 was the last time he was even questionable ==
No comment needed really:
11 consecutive starts with two or fewer earned runs. And 17 out of 20.
And never more than three walks in a game.
True, he did go through that rough patch, when he ERA soared all the way up to 3.03. He survived, though.
- Baseball-reference.com boxscore here.
- Mariners affiliates scoreboard here.
- Tacoma’s offense was shut down, but it squeezed out a win due to a strong start from — face it — trade bait Erasmo Ramirez: 7.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K.
- AA Jackson, however, got its offense rolling with 11 hits and 6 runs. Dario Pizzano homered and had three walks. Patrick Kivlehan also went deep (his 15th). D.J. Peterson had a double, a single and a walk.
- High Desert was also shut down. Just one run, and just one extra-base hit, a triple from Tim Lopes. His 6 are second in the organization behind Chris Taylor.
- Low-A Clinton completed a game from June 30 and then played a new one. It lost both. Hotshot prospect Kohl Stewart ended up as the starter of both games for Cedar Rapids.
- Kristian Brito got three hits (two doubles) in Everett’s loss, but that only pulled his average up to .188.
- Pulaski shortstop Rafael Fernandez is emerging as an interesting one to watch. He has an amazingly low strikeout rate, and has just two strikeouts in his first seven games for the P-M’s. He went 4-for-4 Friday night plus a walk and a stolen base.
- In Arizona, the Glamour Boys were hitless, but our favorite emerging pitcher Osmel Morales had another interesting start: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 6 K.