We’ve done this before with Hisashi Iwakuma and the super-slo-mo freeze-frame, but it’s so much fun, we’ll just do it some more.
Mike Zunino and Michael Saunders hit solo home runs.
- Baseball-reference.com boxscore here.
- Mariners affiliates scoreboard here.
- General Jackson homers in Arizona! The first pro dinger for Alex Jackson. He also walked, and is now hitting .325/.378/.550 in his first 10 games. I’m thinking he won’t be in Arizona too long (though his K% is pretty high).
- My goodness, Kingsport scored eight in the 8th to defeat Pulaski, 16-11. That can’t have felt good. But a guy that we have touted — Gianfranco Wawoe — had three hits and a walk.
- Justin Smoak — officially a minor-leaguer again, you know — went 4-for-5. And with Smoak and Jesus Montero on the roster, our man Ji-Man Choi continues to see time in left field. He’s struggled to find his stroke since returning from suspension, though.
- John Hicks has been heating up for Jackson. He had a homer and a single Monday, and is .333/.421/.515 in his last 10 games.
- And RH reliever Matt Brazis got a well-deserved promotion to Jackson after pitching extremely well at High Desert. He went 3.2 IP with 1 ER in his initial outing after Tyler Pike only lasted 2.1 IP.
- High Desert lost badly, but it was another banner night for Jabari Henry, who homered and added three singles. Henry has 16 homers and is hitting .309/.415/.590. He also has 40 walks. California League, yes. But those are the kind of numbers that put Kyle Seager and Brad Miller on the map. Except Henry has more homers.