== Moving right along; nothing to see here …. ==
So how about that great offense in the minors!
Oh, yes, Felix pitched awesomely, and the MLB offense ….
Um … moving on.
- Mariners affiliates scoreboard here.
- Yes, there was another Blash Splash — No. 15 for Jabari Blash. And he stole a base.
- Chris Taylor tripled, his 6th (!), and also walked.
- Jackson swept a double-header, with Jack Marder — who’s been quietly having a good year — providing a key homer in the first game.
- Then in the second game, the Generals pulled away to a 6-0 rout. This time it was Patrick Kivlehan and Ji-Man Choi going deep.
- Ketel Marte had two more hits and got his 17th steal.
- And pitching: Victor Sanchez: 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 8 K.
- Then High Desert: D.J. Peterson with his 15th — to keep pace with Blash. Plus, Jabari Henry with his 14th.
- And Clinton: Austin Wilson with his 10th. Plus two doubles from Jack Reinheimer.
Yes, pretty much all of the top hitting prospects homered on the same night: Blash, Peterson, Wilson, Choi, Henry and Kivlehan. Wow.
- Not only that, but it was the season debut of the Everett AquaSox. A weird starting line for Rigoberto Garcia, who gave up zero hits, but 8 [!] BB and 4 K. But Leoncio Munoz, one of our sleeper favorites, was effective in relief, getting 5 K in 3.2 IP (1 ER). And Dylan DeMeyer got the win by going the final 2.1 IP unscored upon.
- Phillips Castillo, trying at 20 to grab the promise he never delivered as a teen, had a double and a walk.